FRANKY AND ME (ABN 42 600 278 593)
FRANKY AND ME (ABN 42 600 278 593) ('FRANKY & ME', 'we', 'us') aims to manage the personal information we collect about you in an open and transparent way and to protect it.
We conduct our business from Australia and comply with the Privacy Act 1988, which includes the Australian Privacy Principles. This policy applies to all the personal information we collect when conducting our business
This policy explains the types of personal information we collect about you and why, the basis on which we process it and how we use it, to whom we usually disclose your personal information, how we hold it and keep it secure and your privacy choices and rights. We may need to update this policy from time to time to reflect changes in our legal obligations, practices and services. The most current version of this policy is available on our website at www.frankyandme.com.au.
If you have any questions regarding our policy, wish to exercise your rights or to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an individual based in Europe (in a country within the European Economic Area) this policy also provides information about our processing of your personal information and your rights and choices in the section 'Individuals (data subjects) in Europe'.
Notice to EU Individuals: this Privacy Statement and its enumerated policies are intended to comply with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (the “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”) and provide appropriate protection and care with respect to the treatment of your user information in accordance with the GDPR.
When and why do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information directly from you when you contact us either via our website, by email or phone, when you visit our website and when you place an order with us for the purpose of placing, fulfilling, paying for and delivering orders made through our website or by email or phone, and for ancillary purposes.
What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold about you?
Personal information voluntarily provided by you
You provide us with personal information including your name, contact information, address and payment information. We use this information for the purpose of placing, fulfilling and delivering orders placed through our website. If you do not provide us with this information, we may not be able to place your order, or fulfil or deliver orders placed by you.
If you have placed a subscription order, we may hold your personal information for the purpose of fulfilling or delivering a subscription order placed by you for the duration of your subscription.
If you have created an account, we may hold your personal information so that you can log in to your account on our website and check out quicker. If you wish to delete your account, just email us at email@example.com.
You may also choose to join our mailing list by providing us with your name and email address. We will use this information for the purpose of sending you relevant updates and communications about our business or any promotions we may run. You can manage and unsubscribe from these communications at any time by clicking the link in the communication or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important that you ensure the information you provide us is complete, accurate and current. If you believe any of the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us on email@example.com.
Personal information collected by us
We collect cookies from you to personalise and optimise your browsing experience and our website. A cookie is a small data file that is written to your computer's hard drive by your web browser. A cookie file can contain and/or automatically collect information, such as a user identification code or IP address, that a website will use to track the pages and number of times you have visited. The data read from these cookies may be linked to personally identifying and non-personally identifying information.
We use these cookies to:
- analyse trends, traffic and user behaviour;
- administer the website;
- safeguard against SPAM and malware;
- enable social media features;
- perform location-related functionalities and analytics;
- participate in market research (e.g., website ratings); and
- track web and advertising analytics throughout the website.
Notice to EU Individuals: As outlined in this Privacy Statement, we will not process your user information without a lawful basis to do so, as such bases are defined in Article 6 of the GDPR. In general, we will process your user information on the legal bases of legitimate interests (by processing your information in ways reasonably expected by you and which have a minimal privacy impact) and consent (by seeking your consent to collect, store, process and transfer (where relevant) your personal information which you may not reasonably expect us to process).
Transfer of information
We may need to share some of the information we collect about you with organisations both inside and outside Australia, sometimes we may need to ask you before this happens.
- sending it to a country approved by the European Commission as having adequate privacy protections;
- meeting the requirements of an applicable derogation such as obtaining your consent;
- ensuring the recipient has signed a contract based on the “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission, requiring them to protect your personal information; or
- by dealing with Privacy Shield certified US service providers (see https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome).
Who do we disclose or give access to your personal information?
We will not otherwise disclose your personal information to another party unless we have your written permission or are required or authorised by applicable laws.
If you have provided your consent to receiving direct marketing from us, you can withdraw it without detriment at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking on the unsubscribe link in our electronic communications.
Individuals (data subjects) in Europe
If you are based in Europe and we collect and process your personal information, the following additional information applies.
You can -
- obtain information about the processing of your personal information;
- ask us to erase your personal information without undue delay in certain circumstances such as if you withdraw your consent and we are not otherwise legally entitled to retain it;
- object to, and ask us to restrict, our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as while we verify your assertion the information is inaccurate or if we are processing your information for our legitimate interests or for direct marketing purposes (we may be legally entitled to refuse that request);
- withdraw your consent (but we may be able to continue processing without your consent if there is another legitimate reason to do so); or
- lodge a complaint with the relevant European data protection authority if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us – we can, on request, tell you the relevant authority for the processing of your personal information.
How to access and correct your personal information that is held by us
You may access the personal information we have collected and hold about you (including by receiving a copy) and request correction of that personal information. When you make a request to access your personal information, we will need to verify your identity. In some situations, we may charge a fee for our costs in providing the information to you. We may also refuse your request in whole or in part if an applicable exception to access applies, in which case we will notify you of our decision in writing and explain why and how you can complain if you are not satisfied with our decision.
Privacy concerns and complaints
If you believe that we have not handled your personal information consistent with this policy and our privacy obligations, please contact us at email@example.com so that we can investigate and address your concerns.
If you are still not satisfied, you may contact the:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
SYDNEY NSW 2001
If you are an individual in the EU, please contact us and we can provide the details of the appropriate place to direct your complaint.
This policy was last updated in July 2018